Friday, December 31, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Monday, December 20, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Thoughtful girl, thank you Love. She is aware that I am not feeling fabulous about my physical appearance at the moment. I have the misfortune/fortune-not completely sure-of gaining weight after pregnancy and not during. Happens every time that way for me. After about a year, things start to balance out and I go back to normal.
Anyway, my sweet girl left this reminder for me this morning. I feel as if God himself spoke these words to me, and indeed He has, through His word...
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Where does the time go!?
Baby girl will soon be six months old. She is such a wonderful, happy baby!
We have been busy around here. We began homeschooling our
little one (dd6) this fall. I was so apprehensive about the whole thing, for so many reasons. But after much prayer, really felt in my heart this is where God was leading us. As we head into December, I can honestly say I am so glad and grateful God gave us the courage to "officially" begin this journey. It is going very well, she is happy, she is learning, I am learning, and it feels very right for our family.
One little saying I meditate on often...
"God doesn't call the qualified , He qualifies the called..."
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Prayer for Generosity
Sunday, July 4, 2010
I can't describe how blessed I feel to have been given the gift of another child, this child, at this stage in our lives.
How great is our God!!!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- I am 100% first generation Irish.
- My mother is from Donegal , my father is from Sligo. They both came to this country as young adults. They both have thick brogues-Dad more than mom.
- I can put on a pretty thick brogue myself -which makes my kids laugh. Every once in a while I will leave them a message on their voice mail in this brogue of mine-haven't done that in a while, hmmmm....
- I grew up on Irish music, Irish dancing, Irish cooking and lots of Irish extended family.
- I even played the accordian-ok, there I said it...
- My Dad took us to march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC every year growing up. We marched with County Sligo.
- I went to Ireland only once when I was 6. I can still recall vivid pictures of that trip. Acres and acres of sheep and riding my grandma's donkey to name a couple. (My Dad says Lancaster County reminds him a lot of Ireland.
- I have a confession to make--I hate corned beef and cabbage! shhh...
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
I love the new color! "Summer Cottage by Waverly/Valspar which is at Lowes. I cannot speak highly enough about this paint. It is the paint plus primer kind and covered this in one coat. I have painted over other murals with this paint, it's amazing!!
You may recognize the shower curtain fabric, It is a 1960's Waverly print I found at a thrift store a while back. The grommets were a royal pain. My father in law helped me out with them (after I gave up) and put them on 123.
We added the hotel curved shower curtain rod. What a difference! Makes the shower so spacious!! And lets in loads of sunlight through the skylight-which I love!
You know I love the pom pom fringe...
Changed up the towel holders...
Sunday, January 17, 2010
- Must be simple enough to complete in couple of hours, tops!
- I must already have some or most of the supplies in my posession.
- I can't be able to simply purchase a close knock off inexpensivly.
- It must be somewhat unique, something I haven't seen everywhere.
To me, this cute idea qualifies.
Don't you think?
Sunday, January 10, 2010