Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The theme of my life always seems to be the same...
Trust in Him.
God is always giving our family new reasons to trust in Him. New circumstances in which there is simply no other reasonable option but to completely rely on His mercy, His care, His providence, and His wisdom, that He alone knows what we need.
This unexpected and most welcome pregnancy at "advanced maternal age" (boy, am I sick of hearing that phrase) would be a good example of that.
Over the last few months our son has had some health issues. He has had some major tests done and we finally have a diagnosis. He has kidney disease. Its been a somewhat exhausting process. One where I definitely have not been doing my best trusting. Our son is handling it all quite well.
There is no cure for this disease. He is strong and healthy now. It is one of those things where you simply don't know what the future will bring--whoever does...
I think the doctor is still scratching his head trying to figure out how our ds18 and dd17 both have two completely different forms of non hereditary kidney disease. It doesn't make sense, at least to us humans, God has a plan, this I am sure of.
More trusting today... He left for college this morning after being home for Christmas break. This time he leaves having a potentially serious, chronic illness.
I know from past experience that there is great peace in the land of total surrender,
that's where you'll find me because that's where He wants me...
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not;
In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6


8 comments:

Luna said...

Hugs and prayers. My husband was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease in September after being tired all the time and having other symptoms. His kidneys are only functioning at 35% and he will need a transplant at some point. He feels bad most days. My heart breaks that your son, who is still so young, has to go through something similar. He will be in my prayers! Laus Deo!

volpecircus said...

Praying for you guys and especially for him as he heads back to school. May God bless him and keep him safe. Call if you need anything.

Erin said...

I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles, but it must be very comforting to have that faith and trust. I am sending good thoughts to you and your whole family.

Terri said...

Ahh, my friend, not an hour ago I was thinking about you, wondering how you are doing...now I know. Looking forward to catching up on Thursday..assuming you're still planning on it. Stay right where you are, trusting...

"Do not fear, for I have redeeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God; the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..."
Isaiah 43:1-3

Jodi said...

Hi Amy, the hubs and I will lift you up in prayer.

Sweetness and Light said...

Praying for your peace of mind :) and for your dear son as he embraces his future. Hugs!

Beth said...

Sorry I haven't been more available for you during this time. I have been thinking and praying for you all. Hope we can catch up soon.

regan said...

i know i haven't been here in a while amy, but i'll be praying for your son and family.
trusting God is so terribly hard sometimes....but it's all we've got. and it really is A LOT.
may HE carry you through good times and bad. in the palms of HIS piereced-for YOU-yet, oh-so-loving hands.