Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

a lovely saturday morning...

I met my dear friend Beth at Mass this morning and then we went out for breakfast.


After breakfast we took a stroll downtown to Central Market. I love this market! I had to stop in before Christmas to experience the Christmas hustle and bustle. For our entertainment there was a family of grown girls who sang like angels as they were selling there cd. There was a gentlemen outside dressed like he just stepped out of a Charles Dickens novel "whistling for his supper", and he was surely one of the finest whistlers I ever did hear.


Here are some of the sights down at Market. Always the freshest flowers...






the best produce, next to a backyard garden ;)



fresh teas and herbs...

farm fresh...

Here we are!


Thanks Beth!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I really need to get to market more often --it's so close.

Love the pictures!

regan said...

what a double blessing......all that yummy food and a good friend!

Beth said...

Amy.....love the pictures (especially how you snuck in the candy stand between all those healthy veggies!). Thanks for a joyous morning. It was one of the highlights of my Advent. I'll keep you all in my prayers. I just wonder what the coffee shop patrons thought of our little table????

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I admit I lingered the longest over the picture of the pink plates. I want them!

Anonymous said...

i have some similar pink dishes from the 50's when I was home with my folks - I have a cake display and a candy dish - the rest must have broken over the years (sigh) it's a beautiful post! Thank you!

A Holy & Blessed Christmas to you and your family!