Pages

Friday, June 8, 2007

new ideas...


I had an appointment to get my hair done yesterday morning. After getting it cut short last fall, I had decided to let it grow out in order to be able to put it back during the hot summer days. As my dd almost 15 and I were chatting in the car before the appointment, she mentioned that she thought I looked "much cooler" with short hair. That's all it took for me, off I went and off it came! Short hair again! Sometimes I really am too impulsive for my own good.

Anyway, while waiting, I paged through a few magazines. I saw a picture of a Cath Kidston notebook in one of them, (I think it was Woman's Day). I woke up this morning with this notebook on my brain. This is my version. I had some Cath Kidston-ish flannel fabric and rick rack and covered an unused spiral notebook. I like to have a pretty notebook to write down home projects, menus and recipe ideas for when we have people over, sewing ideas or whatever pops into my head that if I don't write down will pop right out.

Happy Friday! I have to get to a few yard sales. I'll let you know if I find anything good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty and "fresh" looking. I love the ric-rack.

volpecircus said...

totally cute! i had never heard of that company before so i checked them out. the stuff is really adorable but i'm finding $9 for one wahcloth and $40 for one bath towel a bit hard to swallow. :)

Anonymous said...

Amy that's really cute. I can't wait to see your hair tonight! I am SO tempted to go short - my perm isn't holding like I hoped it would but short means I have to "do" it. Longer is easier for me - though I might "bob" it for the summer.