Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I warned you...

that I was going to be a puddle...
Our son brought home his cap and gown yesterday. Graduation is not until the end of May.
This week is jam packed with senior activities including Prom, followed by a post prom party here-eek what was I thinking, (just kidding, I'm happy to do it).
Prom happens to fall on his 18th birthday.

My little boy is growing up...
sniff.....bwaa wa wa...
Does every mom go through this?? Or am I completely ridiculous??
Mmmmmm...maybe you shouldn't answer that last one.

6 comments:

Just a little something from Judy said...

Please rest assured dear friend, you are not the only one to go through this. It happened three times to me, and I cried every time. It is bittersweet. For sure, Graduation Day will be the same thing. Many emotions all packed into one event. Enjoy though because it all goes so quickly.

regan said...

i don't think they've found a cure yet for that one amy. i am constantly saddened by growing up milestones.....

Beth said...

Wow! I am always so happy to see your little boy.....I mean, young man! I saw him and his sister on Sunday going to Rel. Ed. and he seemed very pleased to be graduating (and the other not so pleased at having another year!).

Congratulations to you all.

Lulu and Tutz said...

I'm so with you!!! I posted some pics on Facebook of my son wearing his cap....I was crying a tear, OF COURSE! Just the WORD graduation invokes a puddle in my eye! Ahh...I do not believe there is a way to prepare...

Threeundertwo said...

I cried when my kids entered kindergarten, so I'm sure I'll be an absolute wreck when graduation rolls around.

Cascia Talbert said...

I hope he has a happy birthday and Congratulations on Graduation! Found your blog on Mom Blogger's Club