Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

the fair...








Well, hubby did it again. He won 14 ribbons at our local township fair last week, it wasn't for lack of competition either. We all get a chuckle out of Dad preparing for this thing. He has truly turned into a sport.




These are all the different categories he won in. Some of these things may look slightly droopy because this picture is obviously post-fair.




I entered this pillow and won first place. The funny thing is I didn't know I won until it was all over and I picked it up and saw the ribbon on it. I don't know if the ribbon fell behind it when it was on display, but it was a nice surprise.



We spent lots of time at the fair. It's a great place to run into friends and nieghbors. A real country fair atmosphere...fun, fun, fun!

6 comments:

Nadja said...

Your husband's produce looks wonderful, and I love your pillow, too! What fun. Congratulations!

Blakely said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons!

Threeundertwo said...

The produce is gorgeous (I love green peppers!) and the award for the pillow is well-deserved.

I'm too chicken to enter anything in the fair.

volpecircus said...

congrats on your first place win. :)

Beth said...

Ok, Amy. I have to know if that gigantically long green item on the front of the table is a zucchini? You guys are amazing. I love your pillow, too!

Anonymous said...

I finally know how to leave comments!! wahoo!
Little one looks darling on that tractor...and congrats on all the ribbons! Those are the most beautiful red onions I have ever seen! And, I am wondering too...is it a zucchini??