Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

eek!!!

I'm 40!!!

Our neighborhood does a mom's night out, monthly. Last night we all went out to the nearby Olive Garden that just opened yesterday. The girls surprised me with presents, cake, singing, and treated me to dinner. I haven't been a huge fan of Olive Garden in the past but the service was impeccable, the food, delicioso and the company was delightful...a wonderful night.
After Mass this morning, the kids and I headed down to Central Market for Fruit Smoothies.

and none of this....
There is a great selection of produce, flowers, meats, cheeses, all kinds of things... I got the most beautiful bouquet of peonies, I forgot to take a picture, I'll do that tomorrow.
The market has been around a couple of hundred years and is so charming...



Hubby and I drove down to a nearby farm to pick up some perenials this afternoon.
I noticed this adorable plaid vintage lunchbox...
It was the help yourself cashier...
labeled "money box"...
Ahh... to trust is a beautiful thing indeed....

















5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh.....I wish I knew it was your birthday, we would have celebrated yesterday!!! Happy 40th.

Anonymous said...

40 lashes for you! It was your birthday and you didn't even tell us??!! Your 40th birthday at that!

I hope you had a lovely birthday. Happy belated birthday.

Love,
Michele

Stephanie Zimmerman said...

Happy belated Amy - I'm right behind you... I LOVE market too, we're so blessed to have it!

Threeundertwo said...

Happy Birthday! I love seeing through your camera lens. What a cool place to live!

Lulu and Tutz said...

Happy Birthday to you! I had to laugh at the lunchbox...and your contentment to leave it there without tracking the guy down to see if he'd sell it to you!! Wouldn't he like a brand-spankin-new one to replace it?!?!