Pages

Monday, August 27, 2007

new year...


Well, the older two are off to their Sophomore and Junior years today. School officially starts tomorrow but they are both Student Ambassadors so they have to help out with freshman orientation. It is always a mixed blessing when they go back. It marks the end of leisurely summer days, time in the pool, quality family time and then the start of what seems like never ending activity, carpooling, carpooling and more carpooling. We have had a good summer and I am grateful.

On my sister's last visit she brought me these goodies. They are not your ordinary cleaning products, they are more natural and better for the environment than most others, and they smell amazing! Once I get started with these, I can't stop myself. I think it's the smell. This is the geranium scent. They contain essential oils so the smell lingers a bit longer too.

I was scrubbing down the dining room chairs and table yesterday, spindles, legs, you know, a good cleaning, and before I knew it I was on my hands and knees doing the cabinets, appliances and floor. Any product that can encourage me to do all that is worth it's weight in gold!
As does January, the new school year inspires me to nest, to clean, to bring more order to our home, and to re-evaluate things.
I do love this time of year, but I miss the kids.......a little (just kidding).


2 comments:

Xia and Isa said...

Okay Amy, when are you coming over to my house to continue the good feelings over these products. You are more than welcome to use them at my house LOL
Stephanie

Beth said...

I'll have to check out those cleaning supplies. I'm glad the first day was a good one for you (now you'll have to let us know how it was for the kids...). I have so many great memories of going back to school. I've been very surprised at how willing my children have been for school. I think everyone craves the structure. Beth