Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

bunches of hutches...

My old hutch...
 
found this one at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago...

T
 
 
My new hutch...
 
 
 I used Annie Sloan paint in old ochre and duck egg blue.
Sanded, distressed and waxed with Annie Sloan clear wax.
A Big, huge thank you to my hubby for his help with sanding and waxing and moving this humongous thing around a few times.
Love this secretary drawer with leather inlay.
Such a quality piece of furniture.

 
On the shelves are recent purchases from a couple of sales and a big tag sale Hubs and I went to yesterday.
Love the mid century pottery and china pieces but I will sell them.
They will either be at my space at
Building Character or Sweet Charity soon.
 
But this labor of love is here to stay, at least for a while...
 Yeah, I'm diggin it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! You rock!

Vintage Paint and more... said...

What a beautiful piece - love the transformation...
found you through Miss Mustard Seed am a new follower.....

Valerie said...

Wow...you are one talented couple! Thanks so much for sharing your finished piece with all of us. Hope you are doing well!

Blessings,
Valerie

Michele said...

This turned out gorgeous!

Ellen said...

Very pretty. Certainly a labor of love.

rebecca said...

Your new hutch is AMAZING! The colors you chose are perfect for it, in my opinion!

Katy said...

Oh my! How gorgeous!!! What a great find and redo!!! Fantastic job!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.