Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

many hands...

make little work...
We had a little assembly line going on here last night. We turned this bushel of tomatoes into some yummy sauce.
It came out pretty darn good. This project was started rather late in the evening yesterday. Instead of picking, washing and chopping herbs (I was just too tired), I threw in some frozen pesto cubes , I had made last week. I freeze the sauce in 24 ounce freezer containers.
The recipe is so simple. It's so great to be able to pull it from the freezer for a quick meal for months to come.
Here is my loosey goosey recipe
I core, blanche, peel, puree as many tomatoes as I have
Sautee 1 large onion chopped and
about 4 or 5 cloves of garlic chopped in large pot until tender.
add tomato puree
throw in a handful of fresh basil, parsley, oregano chopped
I usually throw in some parmesean cheese
salt and pepper to taste
If it needs it, I throw in a bit of sugar or a peeled carrot to balance acidity.
Hope you have a great day!

No comments: