Pages

Friday, July 6, 2007

zucchini bread...

Good Morning!

It's been a busy week with sewing and getting ready for market day, my sister and brother-in-law came for a visit on the 4th and lots of other stuff.

All the moms I talked to yesterday remarked how they thought that summer is going too fast. I really hadn't noticed. For the most part it's been really nice around here with the more relaxed pace, there is less carpooling, less back and fourth to school and more fun stuff. Although, there can always be more fun stuff I really have to plan a couple of the things we talked about so summer doesn't slip by without doing them.

It's that time of the year to break out the zucchini bread recipe. This makes a very moist, delicious bread. Again, like the strawberry bread, I have been using mini loaf pans and freezing them individually to pull out as needed. I also freeze the grated zucchini in 1 1/2 cup portions so I have it on hand to make the bread at another time.


Zucchini Bread

1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar

1/3 cups brown sugar

3/4 cups vegetable oil

2 eggs

2 cups flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1 1/2 finely chopped zucchini

3/4 cups walnut pieces (optional)

cinnamon sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sugar oil, and eggs and mix. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to sugar/oil/egg mixture to moisten. Carefully fold in zucchini and nuts. Divide mixture into 2 greased loaf pans sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Bake 55 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I enjoy your blog - I used to be a sewer and hope to have some more time for it soon.

I can tell from your blog that you are busy, but I hope you will check out my blog and participate in the meme that I tagged you for.

Anonymous said...

mnnn yum! i'm going to print this recipe out and put in a "safe" place - no really, i'm going to put it in my recipe box. i can't seem to find a zuchini bread recipe...thanks!